Previously we have written about the value of working alongside other projects in similar domains. This collaboration can boost the impact and broaden the reach of the projects - increasing the number of users able to benefit from their results.
Therefore, FORMOBILE was thrilled to receive an invitation to the European Commission's Security Research, Community of Users (CoU). The platform provides an opportunity for various stakeholders to interact and cooperate on shared interests. Moreover, the CoU team organises meetings, workshops and events; providing spaces for projects to come together and present their research and results. The large events are currently on hold because of the COVID situation; but, there are still small gatherings running online.
The most recent was the Workshop on Organised Crime and Cybercrime: Synergies, Complementarities, Platforms - and FORMOBILE took part in an event last week. During the gathering, we were able to hear from and see the presentations of:
- CONNEXIONs: InterCONnected NEXt-Generation Immersive IoT Platform of Crime and Terrorism DetectiON, PredictiON, InvestigatiON, and PreventiON services
- COPKIT: Technologies for prevention, investigation, and mitigation in the context of the fight against crime and terrorism
- ROXANNE: Real time network, text, and speaker analytics for combating organised crime
- AIDA: (Starting Sep 2020) Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Data Analytics for Law Enforcement Agencies
- ASGARD: Analysis System for Gathered Raw Data
- GRACE: Global Response Against Child Exploitation
- INFINITY: IMMERSE. INTERACT. INVESTIGATE
The presentations, the verbal dialogue and chat offered a rich supply of information that was useful for those that took part. The FORMOBILE team is looking forward to future events and opportunities we have to engage with other initiatives.
If you represent an organisation or institution that would like to collaborate with or find out more details about FORMOBILE – please get in touch.